From Empires Wiki
Revision as of 12:41, 30 August 2017 by Thexa4
The goal of Empires is for players to have fun. We try to keep the following principles in mind when making choices about game design:
- Empires should be fun.
- Empires should be easy to learn
- Empires should be intuitive to use when coming from other popular games
- Actions in-game should be predictable
- There shouldn't be parts of the game that you're not supposed to use.
- In-game actions should be discoverable
- If you do nothing, your team should not lose the game
- This should also be true of the commander and teamlead roles
- Empires should have enough depth to make it hard to master
- Interactions between game design elements can give experienced players a slight advantage. (This shouldn't be mandatory to play the gam