Home > Rifleman
Riflemen are the undisputed masters of infantry combat. They can use the most powerful rifles and machine guns, wielding them with an ease no others can match. In addition, these troopers spawn with explosive grenades and a suit of body armor, making them a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.
The rifleman's skills are focused on what he does best: infantry to infantry combat. Two offensive skills increase the damage dealt by his weapons, and one defensive skill decreases damage dealt to him. Damage Increase and Vehicle Damage increase damage dealt with hand and vehicle weapons, respectively, and Dig In decreases blast damage dealt to the soldier while crouched, reducing it by up to 70%.
Tips and Tactics
- Your accuracy will be much better while crouched or prone with certain weapons like the Heavy Machine Gun.
- Your accuracy will be increased by another 25% when using the weapon's iron sights (default: right click).
- If not using the Heavy Machine Gun, the extra ammo skill is crucial.
- Explosive grenades are very effective against infantry, turrets, and even heavy tanks (you'll see tanks shake when hit). The trick is getting close enough to use them without getting killed.
- The secondary fire button on rifles (except the Heavy Machine Guns) allows you to access your Ironsights. While it may be more difficult to see much of the battlefield, the added zoom and accuracy can prove valuable in the right situations
|See Also: Rifleman Skills|
- First Upgrade: Accuracy: Rarely will you ever choose anything but accuracy as a Rifleman. Getting more bullets to hit your target will maximize your damage over time; even more efficiently than the Improved Damage upgrade. It will also increase your effective range, which is essential on large maps.
- Essential Skills: Improved Damage: This skill means that you can drop your targets faster, which gives them less chance to hurt you. Health Upgrade: Front-line infantry cannot avoid taking damage: this upgrade will help you to live longer, and give you the necessary edge in some fights. Dig-In: Effectively converting your extra stamina into health, combine this with Health Upgrade and you become your squad's human tank.
- Heavy Machine Gun Skills: The Heavy Machine Gun operates by draining your stamina bar. This means that the useful skills for it vary from the usual rifleman skills - you'll have to conserve your stamina in every situation, which means Stamina Upgrade is essential, and the Speed Upgrade is nice to compensate for the lack of sprinting ability.