Difference between revisions of "Squads"
(→Squad Leader Aura Power)
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
|'''Engineer''' - /2s health regeneration rate
Latest revision as of 09:11, 21 February 2013
Home > Squads
A Squad is a unit of up to five players containing a squad leader and four squad mates. You can join a squad by pressing the Squad Menu key (Default "c") and clicking join squad.
The benefits of participating in squads are as follows:
- You earn 1 rank point for every 10 rank points earned by all of your squad mates. This allows the members of squads to gain promotions more quickly.
- Other squad members have a color-coded arrow above their name tags: Green for idle, Yellow for attacking and Red for being hurt/dead. The squad leader will have a star instead of an arrow. This allows you to see where your squad is concentrated without having to look at the minimap.
- Names, health, and location are displayed on your HUD for every squad member. Just like the arrows, the boxes containing that information are color-coded based on players' current status.
- Members of all squads are clearly marked on the minimap with a letter of their squad (A for alpha, B for beta, etc.) This lets you get a better picture of how your team is spread out on the map.
- The Commander is able to give orders to entire squads. This allows the Commander to quickly direct several soldiers at once to perform a specific task, rather than giving orders to each unit separately.
Squad Leader Aura Power
- The squad leader emits an aura around himself, which activates when any squad member is nearby and gives both players enhanced abilities. This aura's radius is 133 feet (1600 game units), which is slightly more then one and a half times the length of a barracks.
|Scout - additional 33% stamina regeneration rate|
|Rifleman - additional 20% accuracy|
|Grenadier - additional 10% weapon damage|
|Engineer - 2HP/2s health regeneration rate|
Squad Leader skills
Squads earn points by doing regular battlefield related duties and can be traded by the squad leader for various instant benefits similar to various class skills for the entire squads. The amount of squad points are listed next to the name of your squad on your HUD. There are 2 squad skills to choose from per class type, depending on the squad leaders class for the skills, just like the aura benefit.
- Unlike the aura, these powers have no maximum distance, and squad mates don't need to be near the Squad Leader.
|Charge!: Squad members have no stamina drain for thirty seconds. Costs 3 squad points.|
|Armor: Damage is reduced by 20% for thirty seconds. Costs 4 squad points.|
|Damage: All squad members receive a 20% weapon damage increase. Costs 4 squad points.|
|Artillery strike: An instant artillery strike to the selected location; four shells rain down from the sky dealing 100 damage each. Costs 5 squad points.|
|Mass revive: All dead squad members are revived near the squad leader. Costs 6 squad points.|
|Mass Heal: All injured squad members are instantly healed. Costs 3 squad points.|
These skills can be activated under the squad item in your F-menu.
|See Also: Skills|
Joining or Creating a Squad
Joining or Creating a squad is done via the Squad menu. The default binding is the C key,
From there, you can select the squad you wish to join, and click on Join Squad. If there is nobody in a particular squad, then the button will appear as Create Squad. If you create a squad then you will become the Squad Leader, which allows you to kick soldiers from the squad, or lock it to keep out any newcomers. The squad leader is also able to invite new soldiers into the squad, by selecting their name and clicking Invite to Squad.