Vehicle Weapon Appendix
Home > Vehicle Weapon Appendix
- Damage Type: Which damage type this weapon falls under. Armor, structures and infantry dictate the resistance against the chosen damage type.
- Prerequisite: Research required to unlock
- Weight: weight of the weapon
- Damage: Damage per hit, damage caused by bio effects are listed after
- Reload Time: time to load one clip, if Total Ammo Clips is '0', time to reload one unit of ammo
- Rounds/Clips: The first number is the number of rounds in each clip, the second number is the number of clips
- RoF: Rate of Fire. Also known as cycle time. The minimum time in seconds between each projectile. Lower is better.
- Heat/To Target: The first number is the amount of heat generated by the vehicle firing the projectile. The second number is the amount of heat generated on the target vehicle when the projectile hits.
- Spread: Projectile spread/accuracy. Lower is better.
- Falloff/Falloffbase/Minimal Damage: Falloff is the maximum distance a projectile can travel before its damage is reduced to the "falloffbase" percentage. For example, the Standard Machine Gun falloff is 2000m. Its falloffbase is 0.8. This means that at 2000m the Standard Machine Gun is doing 80% damage. At 4000m it is doing 60% damage. However, it will always do at least the "minimal damage", which for the Standard Machine Gun is 15. Only affects machine guns.
- Cost: Amount of resources needed
See Template:MG_Table for instructions on how to edit this table.
- Speed: Speed of the projectile. Only affects cannons and missiles. Used with the "Speed To Damage Modifier" value on armor. The speed of a weapon not only influences the "speed to damage modifier" but also makes the weapon travel faster through space. There is a limit of roughly 2700-2800 "speed" that a cannon or missile can have, any speed value beyond that limit will still influence the damage modifier and in the cannons' case the gravity effect on the projectile but will not make the object actually travel "faster" in-game. Against common belief, it is not used for the tracer effects from machine guns.
- Gravity: effect that gravity has on the shot. Lower values result in less effect and a longer, flatter arc. Only affects cannons.
See Template:Canon_Table for instructions on how to edit this table.
|Image||Name||Description||Prerequisite||Weight||Damage||Damage Type||Rounds/ Clips||RoF||Heat/To Target||Speed||Gravity||Cost|
See Template:Arty_Table for instructions on how to edit this table.
- RoF: A negative number unloads the whole clip in rapid succession with one press of the fire button but still uses the rest of the number to determine time between actual shot creation
- Targeting Type
- Dumb: flies forward until it hits something.
- Guided: While holding down the Fire key/button, a player can use the mouse to guide the missile similar to laser-guided ordinance.
- Homing: Once lock-on has been initiated, simply pressing the Fire key/button once will send missiles to their target without any additional input from the player.
- Range: max range in HL2 units that the player can lock onto a target with a homing missile, or range from vehicle being fired from when a guided missile stops following the player's crosshairs
- Lock Time: time it takes for a homing missile to lock onto the target under the player crosshairs
- Lock Radius: this is an approximation that determines how close a target must be to your crosshair (screen position) before it can begin locking onto (ie a bigger number means that the crosshair doesn't need to be directly over or as close to the target) it defines a box around the crosshair, and a target must be within this box to be homed on and its Size decreases with range
- Lock Time/Range Mod: modifies lock on time based on range (as range increases, lock on time increases based on the modifier: (modifier * range to target + lock on time = total lock on time)
- Turning Ability: determines how effective the missile can turn to home in on its target or guide itself to the crosshair for a guided missile: 1.0 means the missile can turn instantly towards its target, 0.0 and the missile doesn't turn at all
See Template:Missile_Table for instructions on how to edit this table.