Emp vehicle spawner
|Empires Mapping Documentation|
|Mapping Overiew | Hammer Configuration | Entity Index | Basic Mapping | Setup Resources | Tutorials | Useful FGD Modifications | Bots and NPCs | Dimensions | Skyboxes|
This entity is used in combination with emp_vehicle_preset to give mappers the ability to spawn vehicles on demand. When the SpawnVehicle input is triggered, this entity will search for the specified emp_vehicle_preset and spawn a vehicle of that configuration at the current location, orientation, and velocity.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- The name of the entity to which this entity's movements are bound.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world, transferred to spawned vehicles. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Start Enabled
- If enabled, this entity will be available to function normally unless disabled.
- Automatically respawn?
- Monitor the last spawned vehicle, and respawn if necessary. (Only monitors one vehicle at a time.)
- Cost resources?
- If set, deducts the appropriate resource count from the team's balance.
- SpawnVehicle <string>
- Searches for an map entity with the name specified in the parameter. If the entity is an emp_vehicle_preset, it will read the configuration, and spawn a vehicle.
There has been some confusion about how to actually make this work. The key part is specifying a parameter override for SpawnVehicle containing the name of the desired emp_vehicle_preset.
Step 1: Create a vehicle preset
Step 2: Create a vehicle spawner
Step 3: Create a trigger
In this example, a trigger_multiple brush-based entity is used.